Piano music is one of the most trending and elevating industries in the world nowadays. Many people not only love to hear the calming music of the piano but also want to learn it in the best way. Are you one of those? Or do you like playing the piano? If you are interested in listening to or playing the piano, then we have a great piece of writing for you that is about one of the renowned piano manufacturing companies.
Are you ready to dive in?
Kawai Musical Instruments
This article is about Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing Company Limited. This company is renowned for producing some of the best-ever electric and acoustic pianos. Many people know it for several quality musical gadgets, as they don’t just stop at pianos.
We have tuned hundreds of upright, grand, and baby grand Kawai pianos throughout London, and whenever possible, or at least when we remember, we take a photo of the customers piano and post them on our Gallery. Head over if you like to see some of the Kawai’s we have had the pleasure of working on.
Established Since 1927
The founder of Kawai, Koichi Kawai, was the neighbour of one of the most reputable persons in the piano manufacturing industry, Torakusu Yamaha, founder of Yamaha Corporation. Koichi worked for the Yamaha Corporation until he formed his own piano manufacturing company out of it in 1927. Since then, this company has been able to provide the best musical instruments to a large number of its clients.
Kawai Pianos History Timeline
Kawai has a fascinating and advancing history. Every time, it was able to surprise its customers with something better than they had before.
So, a brief timeline of its history is as follows:
Kawai v 1927–1957
- Establishing the Kawai Instruments Research Laboratory and manufacturing the first Kawai grand piano.
- The company name was changed to Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing Company.
- Starting with the manufacture of reed organs and harmonics.
- Shifting its supplies to military instrumentation (World War II era)
- Winning the blue-ribbon medal and becoming the first industry to do so too.
- Establishing the Kawai Music Education Programme
Kawai v 1957–1987
- In this time frame, the company was able to achieve the following:
- Expanding sales and increasing the capital by 36 million yen.
- Establishing the Kawai Piano Loan, Kawai Music Foundation, and Kawai America Corporation (Los Angeles)
- Introducing the Kawai sporting goods, furniture, and toys on the market.
- Establishing the Kawai Services Centre Co. Ltd. and Kawai Gymnastic School
- Raising the sales of pianos to 5000 units per month and then to 1 million total productions.
- Completing the Kawai digital pianos and establishing Kawai UK Ltd.
Kawai v 1987–Present
- Making the total production units of pianos reach two million.
- Establishing Kawai Asia Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd., Kawai Cosmos Co., Ltd. and Kawai Music Planning Co. Ltd.
- Launching the range of ‘K’ series upright pianos.
- celebrating 80 years of advancement.
- Celebrating the 90th anniversary.