As human beings, we hold very busy schedules on a daily basis. We crave for certain breaks throughout the day, which usually constitutes the aspect of entertainment. Every person holds his/her own choice of the distinction of entertainment. But, the most common among all of these is music.
Do you enjoy music? And, what about some relaxing piano music? Piano, it is one of the significant gems of music.
So, if you are a piano enthusiast, you should know a bit about the famous piano brand. The brand name is Yamaha Corporation Japan. (Are bikes the first thing that comes in your mind after reading this? Give us some time while we unfold).
What is Yamaha Corporation?
Yamaha Corporation is a multinational company. It was founded in 1887. It holds the ownership of very distinctive products and industries in different niches. Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd was one of its divisions which became independent in 1955.
Yamaha Corporation is the world’s largest piano manufacturer company.
Certain offerings of Yamaha Corporation:
Yamaha Corporation has been offering its customers a number of products and services for 131 years.
Some of the products offered by this Corporation are as follows:
- Musical instruments (Best pianos, of course).
- Audio equipment.
- A subsidiary of Yamaha Motors.
Historical overview of Yamaha Corporation:
The best part about this corporation is its age, which is 131 years. For all this time they have been expanding their business and range of products in order to provide its customers with the best of all.
A brief Yamaha Corporation history of the progress and success is as follows:
v 1887 to 1917:
The owner of Yamaha Corporation (Torakusu Yamaha) builds his first reed organ. It leads to the establishment of Nippon Gakki Co., Ltd. (Old name for Yamaha Corporation). And the company started the production of upright pianos right away in 1900.
v 1917 to 1947:
The Corporation excelled in the production of upright pianos, as well as was able to broaden the sphere of its clients.
v 1947 to 1977:
During this time, the corporation was able to expand it in many ways like:
- Listing its shares on the Tokyo Stock exchange.
- Establishing the Yamaha Music Foundation and holding the pilot classes there.
- Founding and splitting of the motorbike corporation (Yamaha Motors).
- Establishing the overseas subsidiary (first in Mexico).
- Starting the production of electronic organs.
- Upgrading to Yamaha International Corporation.
- Starting the recreation business.
- Producing products related to lifestyle, wind instruments and semi-conductors.
v 1977 to 2007:
During this time circle, the company completed its 100 years and its name was changed to Yamaha Corporation. They acquire the following progress:
- Establishing the Yamaha Music and Electronics Co. (China).
- Acquiring Steinberg Media Technologies.
- Establishing the company holding the music entertainment business.
v 2007 to Present:
In this time, the company worked on its whole setup ranging from the expansion of building and all. Along with that, it completed the integration of Japanese wind instrument factories (to Japan). The Corporation of the Yamaha Music Japan Co. was also established.
So, now you know Yamaha as more than just a motorbike manufacturing company. It’s one of the Yamaha Corporation lists of subsidiaries. The major work of this Corporation revolves around the manufacturing of pianos.
All in all, do you know the world’s best piano manufacturers now. Don’t you?